Thursday, October 25

J U S T ◌ R E L A X

Hiiiiiiii Greece
You bloody gorgeous thing, you!! My September was spent discovering a lot of treasures around the beautiful islands in Greece. 

There have been many times (I'm sure you can all relate) where I have just wanted to escape for a bit, get away from life, and relax - and  often daydreamed of a sunny island, white sand as far as the eye can see, where I can sunbath, eat endless seafood, practice yoga and just switch OFF. And in September, that is exactly what I did. I decided I needed some time out for me, so booked myself on a yoga retreat in Corfu - an island off Greece's northwest coast. 

Those joining me on the retreat were 9 others from all walks of life, all with different reasons as to why they were there. It was beautiful to sit in a room with people you'd never met, yet felt so comfortable to be around. 

Just Relax Yoga (please click through and check out their images) was where I chose to relax. We had two beautiful hosts who accommodated us with meals (breakfast & dinner) each day, and made us feel so welcome in a place unfamiliar to all. The food was vegetarian and delicious, lots of fresh fruit and traditional Greek cuisine. And during the day we were able to wander and have lunch in the nearby township, or at a local taverna on the beach (the most amazing kalamari)! 

We practiced every morning for 1.5hrs as the sun rose, followed by breakfast, then a day to explore the surrounds. We then practiced again for 1.5hrs at sunset, followed by dinner (and some local wine). The yoga was for all levels and our instructor became very familiar with each of our abilities, so was able to offer a lot of support and guidance. And the daily practice was never compulsory - if you didn't feel up to it, there was no pressure to skip it. 

During our days off, a few of us grabbed bikes and explored the island - not recommended in 38deg heat, fun nonetheless! Our hosts also organised a day out on the boat where we were taken to Paradise Island for the most breathtaking sunset! 

While I met some amazing people (added bonus), this time was so important for me - to just switch off, relax and be present. It was one of the best things I have ever done, and I was so humbled by the whole experience. I had never traveled by myself in such a way, with no one on the other side that I knew. I had never been in heat up to 44degs, I have never dedicated so much consistent time to my practice, and I had also never done anything like this just for me. Those moments of silence, and the time spent in savasana is something I will forever treasure. 

Namaste x




Sunset at Paradise beach


Paleokastritsa Monastery

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS