Sunday, January 1

R E S O L U T I O N ◌ 2 0 1 7

C O P E N H A G E N
We start every new year with big intentions of what we want to achieve over the next 365 days - places we want to see, sums of money we want to see grow in our bank accounts, steps in our career we want to take, achievable or not - we all have these ambitions. But as the new year dawned on me I realised this list, we politely call resolutions, actually starts our new year off with a pressure and a demand to succeed, or to tick off all the aspiring 'to do's' from said list. 

I won't lie - this is, and has been me for the last however many years! Ambitions from saving 'X' amount of money to fund travel dreams, to prospecting new jobs, to getting promotions at work, to paying off my student loan (dreams are free), to being fitter - healthier - stronger, to less booze - more leafy greens, to running a marathon, to giving back to the community, to becoming a 'yes' woman. When I write this all down, heck what a pressure to walk into a new year with! 

So this year, as I sat around a table with my loved one and friends bidding 2016 adios and welcoming 2017 with open arms we tabled what our resolution/s for the coming year were. And so, I started the list… trailing off about saving, traveling, career, but the most important one and the one that sings true - 'to be happy'.
And what a resolution to make in the 'Happiest City of the World' - Copenhagen. 

Copenhagen - a city with lots of character and culture, we discovered a lot of the nordic street by bike (thanks to Mikes' Bike Tour and his local knowledge)! Whilst I recommend taking a bike tour as it's a great way to see the city and local hot spots (Langelinie (Little Mermaid), Christiania, Nyhavn) I must warn you - I have never been so cold in my life! 


So by day we pedalled, and by night we ate our way around the city. Warpigs - a brewpub were everything is cooked and brewed right in front of guests. Needless to say, if you are after some good meat and a beer  - this is your place. Torvehallerne - an amazing food market feeding over 115,000 locals every week! Try a traditional smorrebrod (deluxe open sandwich) the selections were endless - we tried a couple of options and no way to describe the deliciousness of them!  For a bit more of a 'fine dining' experience we tried Gorilla - opting for the 15 dish chef selects (tis the season to be jolly after all), food and cocktails were incredible. If you enjoy trying new flavours, eating small dishes but enough to have to roll out the door, then Gorilla is definitely worth a booking! Lastly, we celebrated New Year at the beautiful  (understatement) Tivoli Gardens, the gardens have been opened since 1843 and it's one of the oldest theme parks around. The whole place is dripping in amazing lighting which made the whole 

experience pretty magical - and definitely the best place to see in our new year! 

I'm sure Copenhagen would be a different experience in summer months (I'd quite like to repeat Mikes' tour when I can actually feel my toes), there's lots to do/see and an easy escape from London to grab some culture and good food! But the best thing about this city for me, this city of happiness, was setting that intention for my year ahead - Be Happy x 

Tivoli Gardens

\

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS